Are you staying in Wild Dunes?
Saltwater Rides is an approved Wild Dunes Golf Cart Rental Vendor.
Wild Dunes is a Community Association located in Isle of Palms, SC. As such, there are additional rules for LSV rentals and rental companies. Saltwater Rides is an approved Wild Dunes LSV Rental Vendor. All of our carts are approved for rental in Wild Dunes.
Golf cart rentals for Wild Dunes, SC
Where are you staying in Wild Dunes?
Wild Dunes Community in Isle of Palms is a gated golf course community with many amenities. Whether headed to the beach, the gym, or the golf course, Saltwater Rides LSVs will make cruising around a breeze.
Wild Dunes Community Association does not permit LSV rentals in the following properties:
- Port O’Call
- Ocean Club
- Seascape Villas
- Seagrove Villas
- Lagoon Villas
- Mariner’s Walk
- Beach Club Villas
Inside the gates of Wild Dunes, the roads are under the jurisdiction of the Isle of Palms Police Department and Wild Dunes Security. Your LSV will be delivered to your property with a Wild Dunes entry pass to easily enter the community. The LSV will also have a parking pass valid for you rental period. Please keep these passes displayed at all times. Once outside the Wild Dunes gates, feel free to move about Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island via the Breach Inlet Bridge.
Our LSVs are able to move around the islands just like a car and can be driven after dark. Please follow all laws of the road. You may see golf carts driving on a dirt path on the side of the road. Those golf carts are limited on which streets they may travel. Our LSVs are permitted on all the island roads. They may not be driven or transported over the Isle of Palm Connector Bridge or Ben Sawyer Bridge.
LSVs are permitted to drive on any road that posts a speed limit up to 35 MPH. Since LSV’s are only permitted to drive at a 25 MPH maximum, many LSV drivers pull over to let cars pass, as a curtesy, when driving on a 30-35 MPH road.
Within Wild Dunes Community, rental LSVs must park in areas designated as rental parking. The LSV must have a parking pass displayed at all times. Outside the gates, there is designated golf cart parking in many popular places on the island. An LSV can park in any legal parking spot or designated golf cart parking. LSV parking for beach access is available at 9th Ocean Blvd, 25th Avenue, 28th Avenue, and 31st Avenue. There is also designated parking at the IOP Marina, as well as at the corner of Ocean Blvd and JC Long Blvd.
Please refer to South Carolina Code 56-2-100 for more information regarding LSVs on the roadways.
Wild Dunes Community Restaurants
- Huey’s Southern Eats
- Coastal Provisions
- Beachside Burgers & Bar
- Coastal Crust at Wild Dunes
- Laughing Gull Restaurant & Bar
- Oystercatcher Restaurant & Bar
- Duney’s Ice Cream Shop
GENERAL RENTAL GUIDELINES
At Saltwater Rides, we want everyone that rents our LSV’s to have a fun and safe experience. Therefore, we have some overall rental guidelines that govern all of our rental contracts.
- The primary renter must be at least 25 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Anyone driving the LSV must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Drivers agree to be responsible for compliance with all laws and government regulations in the use of the golf cart or LSV.
- The number of passengers may not exceed the manufacturer’s designed and installed seating capacity.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be consumed in any of our LSV’s. No driver shall operate any cart while under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance.
Additionally, all renters must sign a rental agreement and waiver prior to renting any LSV.
- more than 30 days – full refund
- 15-29 days – 50% refund
- less than 14 days – 0% refund
CHARGING AND CART OPERATION
Follow the cart charging guidelines below in order to get the most out of your golf cart or LSV rental and ensure it is fully charged when you want to use it!
- The cart will come with an onboard charger with charging cord which can be plugged into a standard outlet to start charging.
- Best practice is to plug in the cart when not in use. With normal use you should see about 20-30 miles on a full charge.