Are you staying in Isle of Palms?
Isle of Palms is a beautiful island on which to spend your next vacation. Our LSV would be a great addition to your stay. With an LSV, moving around Isle of Palms or Sullivan’s Island is a breeze. Visiting the beach, recreation center, the delicious restaurants, and retail stores are easy.
Golf cart rentals for Isle of Palms, SC
Feel free to move about Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island via the Breach Inlet Bridge. Our LSVs are able to move around the islands just like a car and can be driven at night. Please follow all laws of the road. You may see golf carts driving on a dirt path on the side of the road. Those golf carts are limited on which streets they may travel. Our LSVs are permitted on all the island roads. They may not be driven or transported over the Isle of Palm Connector Bridge or Ben Sawyer Bridge.
LSVs are permitted to drive on any road that posts a speed limit up to 35 MPH. Since LSV’s are only permitted to drive at a 25 MPH maximum, many LSV drivers pull over to let cars pass, as a curtesy, when driving on a 30-35 MPH road.
With golf cart parking in many popular places on the island, parking is simple. An LSV can park in any legal parking spot or designated golf cart parking. LSV/Golf Cart parking for beach access is available at 9th Ocean Blvd, and 25th Avenue, 28th Avenue, and 31st Avenue along Palm Blvd. There is also designated parking at the IOP Marina, as well as at the corner of Ocean Blvd and JC Long Blvd.
Please note, if you are staying in the Wild Dunes portion of Isle of Palms see the Wild Dunes tab for more information regarding staying in Wild Dunes.
Please refer to South Carolina Code 56-2-100 for more information regarding LSVs on the roadways.
Isle of Palms Restaurants
- Coconut Joes
- Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
- The Refuge
- The Co-Op
- The Windjammer
- Long Island Cafe
- Domino’s Pizza
- Café Paname
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Luke n’ Ollie’s Pizzeria
- Lawrence’s Seafood Company
- Smugglers Island Eats and Rum Shack
- Sea Biscuit Cafe
- The Dinghy
- The Marina Market
- Papi’s Taqueria
- The Boathouse at Breach Inlet
- Coda Del Pesce
GENERAL RENTAL GUIDELINES
At Saltwater Rides, we want everyone that rents our LSV’s to have a fun and safe experience. Therefore, we have some overall rental guidelines that govern all of our rental contracts.
- The primary renter must be at least 25 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Anyone driving the LSV must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Drivers agree to be responsible for compliance with all laws and government regulations in the use of the golf cart or LSV.
- The number of passengers may not exceed the manufacturer’s designed and installed seating capacity.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be consumed in any of our LSV’s. No driver shall operate any cart while under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance.
Additionally, all renters must sign a rental agreement and waiver prior to renting any LSV.
- more than 30 days – full refund
- 15-29 days – 50% refund
- less than 14 days – 0% refund
CHARGING AND CART OPERATION
Follow the cart charging guidelines below in order to get the most out of your golf cart or LSV rental and ensure it is fully charged when you want to use it!
- The cart will come with an onboard charger with charging cord which can be plugged into a standard outlet to start charging.
- Best practice is to plug in the cart when not in use. With normal use you should see about 20-30 miles on a full charge.
Parking Guidelines and Rental Tips
For a complete list of local ordinances regarding the operation of golf carts and LSV’s on Isle of Palms, please visit: https://www.iop.net/golf-carts-low-speed-vehicles
LSV’s may park in any regular parking spaces designated for cars. This includes parking at the grocery store as well as parallel parking on Palm Blvd for beach access. In addition, there are several areas on the island that have designated golf cart parking.
LSV parking for beach access is available at 9th Ocean Blvd, 25th Avenue, 28th Avenue, and 31st Avenue. There is also designated parking at the IOP Marina, as well as at the corner of Ocean Blvd and JC Long Blvd. LSVs are not allowed to park or drive on beach access paths, sidewalks, or the beach.
Utilizing LSV to travel around Isle of Palms has many helpful benefits. It is often much easier to access parking, especially downtown where most parking spaces are metered. When going out to the restaurants, make use of the designated golf cart parking at Ocean Blvd and JC Long Blvd and avoid the parking hassle (and cost)! Also, The Dinghy has a couple of designated golf cart spots inside their parking lot. If you decide to rent an LSV, you can also take it to Sullivan’s Island, which makes parking much easier.