Saltwater Rides is an approved Wild Dunes Golf Cart Rental Vendor.
GENERAL RENTAL GUIDELINES
At Saltwater Rides, we want everyone that rents our LSV’s to have a fun and safe experience. Therefore, we have some overall rental guidelines that govern all of our rental contracts.
- The primary renter must be at least 25 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Anyone driving the LSV must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Drivers agree to be responsible for compliance with all laws and government regulations in the use of the golf cart or LSV.
- The number of passengers may not exceed the manufacturer’s designed and installed seating capacity.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be consumed in any of our LSV’s. No driver shall operate any cart while under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance.
Additionally, all renters must sign a rental agreement and waiver prior to renting any LSV.
- more than 30 days – full refund
- 15-29 days – 50% refund
- less than 14 days – 0% refund
CHARGING AND CART OPERATION
Follow the cart charging guidelines below in order to get the most out of your golf cart or LSV rental and ensure it is fully charged when you want to use it!
- The cart will come with an onboard charger with charging cord which can be plugged into a standard outlet to start charging.
- Best practice is to plug in the cart when not in use. With normal use you should see about 20-30 miles on a full charge.
- Low Speed Vehicles (LSV’s) have different rules in regards to where and when they can be operated. Low Speed Vehicles are street-legal, and are licensed by the SCDMV.
- LSV have the ability to drive at night and on all roads with a posted speed limit of 35 or lower. Golf carts are not permitted for nighttime driving on either Sullivans Islad or Isle of Palms. Also Golf carts are only allowed on secondary streets and not allowed on Palm BLVD.
- LSV’s are street legal and all have seatbelts, headlights, taillights, turn signals, a DOT approved windshield, and side-view mirrors.
- LSV’s are allowed to be rented in most Wild Dunes while golf carts are not. At this time we are not allowed to rent LSV’s in certain Wild Dunes locations;Port O’Call, Summerhouse, Shipwatch, Tidewater, Ocean Club, Seascape Villas, Seagrove Villas, Lagoon Villas, Shipwreck, Mariner’s Walk, or Beach Club Villas.
Why Choose Saltwater RIDES ?
We have carts for everyone’s needs, including 4 & 6 seaters. We also have lifted versions that make you look like the king on the Island.
Trusted by Our Clients
We are trusted by our customers to provide top notch customer service and quality carts. We are a local family run business and we want all our customers to feel like they are at home while on vacation.
Fast & Easy Transactions
Our online reservation system is quick and easy. Everything from reserving your cart to uploading documents and making payment can be completed from your home or on your mobile device.